I’m a big sushi fan so when I can find deals beyond the standard $8-9 for two rolls and soup/salad at lunch, I’m pretty excited. That’s why I love Hane Sushi near Peter Cooper and Stuy Town. With rotating specials each day, you can be sure to get a bargain on delicious sushi.
I’ve been there a few times and usually stick to the regular or chef’s rolls. But on Monday and Wednesday nights when tuna or salmon sashimi is 50% off, I definitely get a piece or two of that as well.
As far as drinks go, all week from 5-11 pm you can get two-for-one beer, wine or cocktails (this location only). And here’s a rundown of the food specials:
- Monday: Lobster and king crab meals (with sides and apps) for $28 each; tuna sashimi or sushi is half-off
- Tuesday: Crispy, spicy tuna or crispy, spicy lobster rolls are 30% off
- Wednesday: Half-off salmon sashimi or sushi
- Thursday: Miso catfish meal (again with apps and sides) for $25; sushi combo platter for 30% off
- Friday: Just the drink special on Fridays
The sushi is fresh, the edamame is perfectly salted and the mochi dessert is a tasty way to finish the meal. On occassions I’ve also tried the vegetable gyoza, which I have to admit are not my favorite. I prefer the shumai as an appetizer.
I’d go into more detail on the sushi but it is pretty standard fare. What makes this place special is the ample outdoor seating and specials, so take advantage of both!The Basics Name: Hane Sushi Location: 346 First Avenue Who to take: Friends, Roommates, Family, 5 year olds (I’ve done this twice, don’t judge) Price: Typical prices, but the specials are, well, special. $$ Overall: Fresh, discounted sushi gets 4 Stars.