Up to 75% off at Gilt City

89th And Broke

I'm a young professional living in Astoria (formerly of Williamsburg, the UES and Murray Hill - I move a lot!). I'm always looking for something fun to do or the best place to grab a drink and dinner at an affordable price around the city. Have a suggestion? Email me at Laura AT 89thandbroke DOT com.

Latest Subway Reading

Need a book to keep you company on the subway? This is what you can catch me reading!


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

My title page contents

Try This Trick! Share Your Opinion, Earn Amazon Gift Cards!

A couple weeks ago, my friend Manisha from NY Social Agenda emailed me with a new site her company has created, called Crowdtap.  With Crowdtap, you share your opinions and in exchange, earn points and rewards.

To get started with Crowdtap, you need to log in through Facebook Connect to verify that you are a real person.  Once logged in, you can answer different questions called “Quick Hits.”  These are usually multiple choice or short open ended questions like favorite drinks, how often you go to the movies, etc.  For some of these questions, you get paid anywhere from 5 – 25 cents.  You can also earn money by joining different discussions, called “Actions”.  Recent discussions include July movies and laundry habits.  If you contribute to the discussion and the moderators think you have the best response to a question, you can earn up to $10.

I’ve played around with Crowdtap for the past month and earned $12.40.  Once you earn over $10, you are able to cash out.  So I decided today to give the cash out process a try.  When you cash out, 95% of your earnings go to an Amazon card (which says takes three days to process, but I got my gift card code in about 10 minutes) and the other 5% goes to a charity.  You are provided with four charities to choose from and I decided to donate to charity:water.

Now I know an $11.78 gift card doesn’t seem like I’m rolling in money, but literally, it took me maybe less than 15 minutes over the course of a month to earn this money.  So if you have some time at work, I suggest checking it out and signing up.  You’ll be emailed too whenever new questions are available, so you don’t have to continuously log in to see if you have an opportunity to earn money. I think Crowdtap is a pretty cool site and I’m looking forward to seeing what unfolds over the next few months.

3 comments to Try This Trick! Share Your Opinion, Earn Amazon Gift Cards!

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Food For A Fraction Of The Cost