Although I haven’t tried them yet, I’m excited about Whole Foods’ VERY affordable cooking classes! Cooking classes, even with a daily deal voucher, seem to run anywhere between $25-200, so it’s a real steal to attend one for only $10, let alone for free!
Available at the Bowery, Tribeca and UWS locations, you can join small groups (generally around 10) to learn how to cook a pre-planned meal. Naturally you get to eat your hard-earned meal afterward as a reward. The UWS cooking classes are $10 and the Tribeca classes are free, but the Bowery classes do vary a lot in price, going all the way up to $70. They are longer classes with a different emphasis, so check out both sites linked above for more information (schedule, class descriptions) on the cooking classes offered at these locations.
While the schedule is posted under the links for the Tribeca and Bowery locations, the website hasn’t added the UWS cooking classes yet. They just started the series at the 97th and Columbus Whole Foods, so here’s the schedule for the remainder of June and July at the UWS location only (again these are $10 each):
Thursdays from 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- June 16: Baked salmon with cumin seed and fresh mint
- June 23: Glazed pork or lamb chops with mushrooms
- June 30: Chipolte pork chops with black bean avocado salad
- July 7: Peas, shiitake mushrooms, prosciutto salad
- July 14: Rotisserie chicken with watercress and gingery shiitakes
- July 21: Lamb burger whole grain pizza
- July 28: Roasted lemon herb chicken salad
Since the class sizes are small, you should reserve your spot ahead of time. You can find the numbers for the Bowery and Tribeca locations using the links above, and for the UWS location you can call customer service at 212.222.6160. Have fun!